These versatile and delicious fritters can be paired with a poached egg and smashed avocado for breakfast, some prosciutto and coconut yogurt for lunch, or a tomato and almond meal crusted chicken breast for dinner. A true any time food, that is quick and easy to whip up and sure to impress. Serves two.
WHY IT’S GOOD FOR YOU
Containing healthy fats and protein from the eggs, slow releasing carbohydrates from the peas and plenty of vitamins and minerals, these fritters will satisfy you at any time of the day.
- Three Medium Grated Zucchinis, With Excess Liquid Squeezed Out
- Two Eggs
- 1/3 Cup of Milk Of Choice
- 1/3 Cup Of Peas, Lightly Mashed
- 1/3 Cup Coconut or Buckwheat Flour
- Two Cloves of Garlic
- Pinch Of Turmeric
- 1-2 Tsp Herbs Of Choice
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Coconut Oil for Cooking
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk of choice, coconut or buckwheat flour, turmeric and stir until smooth.
- Add zucchini, peas, garlic, herbs and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat, adding coconut oil. Once hot add 5-6 Tablespoons of mixture for each fritter.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden.