Comforting with hints of tropical coconut, this simple soup has rainy day written all over it. Enjoy on its own or with a slice of your favourite loaf all the while basking in its immune boosting, anti inflammatory benefits. Your body and your belly will thank you.
WHY IT’S GOOD FOR YOU
This recipe is a stomach soothing, anti inflammatory dream. Turmeric seems to be the wonder food of the moment and for good reason. It contains curcumin, a powerful natural anti inflammatory and that dramatically increases the bodies ability to absorb antioxidants and also promotes brain function. It is important to add black pepper and healthy fats to increase the bioavailability of the turmeric and increase absorption, making this recipe the perfect way to reap the full benefits of this incredible herb.
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Large Pumpkin, Chopped Into Medium Size Cubes
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 450 Ml Can Coconut Cream
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tsp Grated Turmeric
- 3 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Chilli Finely Diced
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot or saucepan. Add finely diced garlic, chilli and onion along with the grated turmeric and ginger and cook until fragrant and the onion softens.
- Add cubed pumpkin and brown slightly
- Pour in the vegetable stock and place a lid on the pot and simmer for 20 minutes. Once the pumpkin is soft allow to cool.
- Remove as much liquid as possible and blend, slowly adding in coconut cream until your desired consistency is reached
- To serve, garnish with Italian parsley, pumpkin seeds or coriander (optional)