These bliss balls make for the ideal pick me up snack when you feel like reaching for something sweet. A mixture of crunchy, creamy, sweet and salty, combined with the tartness of the berries makes for a satisfying mouthful of goodness.
WHY THEY’RE GOOD FOR YOU
As a low sugar, high fat snack, these bliss balls won’t lead to a nasty blood sugar spike like other sweet treats. Dates promote digestive health due to their high fibre content and are a nutritionally dense natural sweetener. Cashews provide a hit of protein and plenty of vitamins and minerals, in particular vitamins E and B6.
- 1/4 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Smooth Almond Butter
- 10 Dates, Soaked and Pitted
- 3/4 Cup Cashews
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Chia Jam or Low Sugar Jam Of Choice
- Pinch Of Salt
- Add almond butter, dates, cashews, almond meal, honey and salt to a food processor. Pulse until a smooth consistency is reached. If the mixture is too dry add in water by the tablespoon until it reaches the desired consistency. Stir in peanut butter.
- Remove mixture from food processor and roll into balls, placing 1/2 teaspoon of jam of choice in the centre
- Store in a sealed jar in the fridge or freezer