Poke bowl joints seem to be popping up all over the show, and there is a reason they are so popular. This ‘sushi in a bowl’ is full of nutrients and is so easy to recreate at home. Best of all this leaves you in charge of the toppings, so feel free to go wild, or use up the vegetables that are lying around in the fridge.
WHY IT’S GOOD FOR YOU
This fresh lunch or dinner is not only delicious but will leave you feeling amazing. Salmon an excellent source of protein, it is also a superfood high in omega 3’s, B vitamins, potassium and selenium. Cauliflower is a high fibre vegetable that helps to keep you feeling full and sustained without the dense feeling that sometimes comes with eating white rice.
- 200gm Sashimi Grade Salmon
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Small Handful of Diced Green Onion
- 1 Cauliflower
Toppings of choice, we recommend:
- Red Cabbage
- Seaweed Salad
- Bean Sprouts
- Fried Shallots
- Pickled Ginger
- Sesame Seeds
- Sushi Mayonaise
- Grate or food process cauliflower. Lightly pan fry and leave to cool
- Skin and cube salmon, and place in a bowl with the soy sauce, sesame oil and green onion, thoroughly coating each cube. Cover and leave to marinade while preparing the rest of your bowls.
- Place cooled cauliflower rice into the bottom of your bowls
- Slice and dice toppings of choice and arrange over the cauliflower rice, adding marinaded salmon last. Extra marinade can be made and used as a dressing