Some of our favorite words to live by are ‘Do something today that your future self will thank you for’. I can guarantee that if you make this Bircher Muesli today, your future self will be very grateful tomorrow. This simple one bowl (or jar) wonder is a perfect grab and go breakfast that will keep your tummy happy all morning. Serves one.
WHY IT’S GOOD FOR YOU
We’ve subbed out oats in favor of some of our favorite superfoods. This recipe is full of dietary fibre to keep your digestive system happy, making it an ideal way to start the day. The chia seeds provide omega 3 fats to kick your brain into high gear and keep your full all morning. Flaxseed (also known as linseed) is especially good for women as it regulates hormones due to its high concentrations of lignans, a type of plant compound. It is essential to use ground flaxseed so that these can be effectively absorbed instead of simply passing through the digestive tract. Cranberries and goji berries provide powerful antioxidants which help with anti aging and cell repair.
- 1 Apple (Preferably Green)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 40 Ml Almond or Coconut Milk
- 40 Ml Apple Juice
- 1 Tsp Goji Berries
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Cranberries
- 1 Tsp Lime or Lemon Juice
- Small Handful Whole Almonds
- Grate the entire apple, including the skin
- Combine all ingredients into your bowl or jar. Stir well. Ensure the ingredients are covered in plenty of liquid and feel free to add extra
- Leave to soak in the fridge for at least four hours, preferably overnight
- Top with your choice of coconut yogurt, berries, nuts, peanut or almond butter, chia jam, honey or all of the above.